NRatings is a freeware application which allows users of the simracing game NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (NR2003) to update the ratings in the .car files. This can either be done manually, but the real strength of NRatings is that it allows you to apply ratings according to real-life results and statistics of NASCAR races. This guarantees the simracer an “as close as possible to the real deal” offline racing experience against the AI controlled cars.
The user has a choice of different predefined formula sets to use to apply those automatic ratings, or he can choose to write his own formulas.
Besides NASCAR, other various real-life series (like ARCA, IROC, IRL, …) are supported in order to be able to apply real ratings to different mods of NR2003.
NRatings uses the excellent website http://www.racing-reference.info as source to update its local database with racing results.
- Adjust the individual car ratings manually.
- Bulk update the multiple car ratings with randomizing, value addition or multiplying, or to an absolute value
- Update the car ratings automatically according to real-life racing results and statistics. Stats can be chosen by individual race, by season, or even by spanning multiple seasons.
- Use the predefined formulas, or write your own formulas to calculate the ratings according to the real-life stats.
- Change the car file’s driver’s first and last name from within the application
- Create car rosters for ingame usage of selected cars.
- Works with all installed mods of NR2003
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows environments from Windows Vista onwards.
- A Windows based PC with at least Windows XP. The program might work on previous versions of Windows, but this has not been tested. It has also not been tested on the Windows XP 64-bit edition (which was not very popular anyway).
- Of course, the game NASCAR Racing 2003 Season itself
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. You can download it here.
- To rate the cars with real life data, you need a working Internet Connection. Also make sure no firewall or other protection mechanism is blocking Internet access of NRatings.
- http://www.racing-reference.info for providing the real life racing data stats
- MasGrafx (http://www.masgrafx.com) for providing the central discussion platform (http://www.masgrafx.com/forums/index.php?showforum=43) for NRatings, as well as their well praised ratings formula sets.
- SnyderArt for providing the initial public formula set
- All other contributors (custom formula set developers, testers, …)
- The whole NR2003 community for keeping this fantastic sim still alive & kicking after so many years !
Please post any remarks, suggestions and bug findings in the dedicated NRatings support forum at http://www.tjeuten.be/forum
Also do not forget to check out the Driver Ratings topic at the MasGrafx Racing forum: http://www.masgrafx.com/forums/index.php?showforum=43 for latest info and knowledge about how the NR2003 ratings system works.
Follow on Twitter
Current version: v3.2.1
Release Date: 31/03/2012 (view changelog)
Download here: NRatings v3.2.1 - Downloaded 3728 times
Note: Use the same installer for both 32-bit or 64-bit Windows.
Related community websites
Following websites have a good NRatings userbase in their forums, where you can certainly post questions for advise